

These are the oh so many pictures of a family member who has passed away. It has left a giant hole in this family. She wasn't just a pet or a dog she was part of the family. As my parents called us over in the tone of her voice I knew something wasn't right. She said Sassy would be put to sleep the following day. Oh how I cried that night. I always know though it was for her benefit not ours. She was in pain and could barely walk. She felt young but her hips were far from young. I miss the call of my dad saying "Sassy come on lets go outside" And the clacking of her feet on the kitchen floor. I remember when Nicole left every night she would curl up on the floor and I would always here her grunt. Or a sigh. Whenever I see a big figure at night and get out of my bed and say "Sassy's back!" to myself. She is not there. I can't remember her as much as Nicole or my parents because she is 3 yrs older than me. She was 14. I miss feeding her and saying " Sassy come and get your food" Our family has so many memories of her. I miss her guarding me in my bed at a sleepover. And always giving her a bowl of water so she didn't have to drink toilet water in the basement. Slowly her gave out. And she used to climb down the steps fine no help. Than everyday she couldn't climb a step and soon it became 2 and 3 and so on. I love her and always will and want her to know Our family will remember you.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
A Best Friend...
Posted by casey ryan at 4:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know how it is to lose your best friend. Sometimes for me too I think I see Spencer lying at the foot of my bed or running in the yard. We didn't want it to turn out this way, but God has a plan, and we just have to go along with it.
Love, Kirsten
i know how it feels to lose a best friend
Post a Comment